Time to Move from Fiction to Non-Fiction by Jay Baer
“First, Millennials abhor falsehoods (not that any generation craves them, but Millennials are especially angsty about marketing wolves in sheeps’ clothing). And as Millennials become the dominant buying cohort for more and more companies, storytelling will become grounded in unvarnished truth.”
“Healer”, my new book, is right on time then. It is nonfiction. I just need to find my audience who wants to hear the unvarnished truth! You can purchase it from the homepage of this website.
The truth about what?
- As a young person, you need to go your own way eventually and do what you want to do or you’ll be eaten alive by our materialistic society. College can help you fund your dreams, maybe, but it is NOT a dream factory. They don’t have that much imagination.
- There are good people everywhere you go that you can make friends with, who you will stay bonded to your whole life. It’s not as scary away from home as our media portrays.
- The first people to use you and not necessarily love you may be your own family members! That doesn’t sit well with Disney magic or Hallmark holidays, but it’s the truth that many don’t want to admit…because it hurts.
- There is nothing much harder, or better for your growth that making a circle of family that you choose from your conscious mind.
- You are your own best friend and no one will ever know you better than you know yourself. Figure out your happiness/contentment recipe that you control. It’s amazing fun and very rewarding.
- Sex without friendship and affinity will leave you empty. Sleeping alone is not that bad.
- Women and men are not equal in the workplace…yet. But it can happen.
- Sometimes, ask for help from Deity, whatever name you wish to call them and show some respect in order to receive it. Be sure you know how to receive it. Lose the ego, open the heart, listen to the body.
- Someone close to you, who you love, can and will die, within minutes, with no notice. You will survive it if you realize you will see them again! Life on Earth is temporary, but physical separation from those we love still sucks for those of us left here.
- We are ONE human race. Most of our DNA is identical.
- Everybody is different, even though we seem the same.
- Love is real and nature absolutely heals
I talk about the experience I had working with a Catholic priest in my new book “Healer”. I just found out he died of lung cancer last year, just as my son’s father did seven months previous to that. He was a smoker, drinker and lived a fast, loose jazz life as a cabaret singer before he was ordained. It was a seamless career transition, no doubt.
This part isn’t in the book, but I worked with him as the liturgy director for Triduum in 2009, which is similar to putting on a complex Easter performance over three days, conducting many musicians and playing all the keyboards. I had to focus and lead during this time. It was a lot of work and my first time tackling it! I lived quite a distance from the parish so I requested a hotel room nearby before the busiest of the three days. I was told they would cover the cost.
The priest had been bothering and flirting with me previous to this but I didn’t expect what came next. He called me up and expected to have a liaison with me that weekend at the hotel. I wouldn’t do it so he refused to pay for my room! I told the church secretary he wouldn’t pay it and what had happened. She just snickered, as though I should know how the game was played. She was playing it herself with him, after all, and this confirmed it. I had other proof and it was in my report to the Diocese before I quit.
I guess I’m not a team player, especially as a woman in the workplace no matter where I go. I took care of myself, paid for the room, and decided I could not be bought my male superiors on a job whether they’re doctors or priests. There is more to the story, but the short of it is I’ve never been put through the dark ringer as much as I was by this guy. Good riddance your holiness. Now I have to figure out how to forgive him. At least I know I’ll never run into him.
Healers heal themselves, they don’t heal others. We can share our work with others though so they can be about taking care of themselves also. Healers are authentic, living examples of how you can step out of your subconscious imprinting from parents, family, and provincial upbringing to create your conscious mind and live a truly free life of your choosing. We also know how to access the information in our unconscious mind through the dream state. The unconscious mind transcends intellect, brings forward intuition and allows it to MANIFEST in physical! The information in the dream state, where there is no thinking, is available to everyone.
My first book is available through the Kindle Store. The direct link to purchase it is:
“Our families mean a lot to most of us, but they can also attempt to block or control our choices. Many times, we don’t talk about that part because we feel they provide us with a measure of emotional and social security we wouldn’t have otherwise.
We now know that the subconscious mind is programmed by our parents in utero and through the first few years of life. How can we overstep that programming and move into our conscious mind where we make our own choices as adults?
Seventeen years of hands-on clinical experience with patients taught Lisa many ways to achieve it. She learned how to reclaim power over her life and teach it to her patients using holistic medicine and holistic values, Reiki, and Tzolkin Cosmology.
Synchronicity, not coincidence starts to figure into events. Everything happens for a reason. Once the lesson is learned, it can be released.”
The paperback will be available for sale in early September, also on Amazon Kindle Store. Enjoy!