“Is human touch and healthcare going to continue to be a patriarchal predatory game physically and financially or is it going to become holistic, legal and gender balanced?-Lisa Townsend, LMT, B.A., Reiki Master
What happens in the massage therapy profession is going to be the harbinger of the future of healthcare in America and the future of gender equity because it’s the public service of touch, healing, and care and how we define that for human beings; for men, women, and children. Healthcare CAN feel good and it’s called holistic healthcare, but it doesn’t include public sex but plenty of intimacy in private sex. It’s time to pivot this.
Touch therapy is potentially bringing down Patriots owner Robert Kraft. It was a spa massage he was getting but it’s still touch. They have no education or a different education and offer sex massage. I have 4 years of education and offer medical massage. We both touch the body and help humans feel better. Human touch is powerful medicine.
I guess Kraft has a great reputation as a good person but has changed significantly since the death of his wife he was married to for almost 50 years. I’m widowed also so I understand. It really is a deep emotional trauma you don’t just shake off. There may be a lot of cynicism around monogamous marriage and partnerships but women and men do tend to become best friends and rely on one another when they live together. That’s love folks, and when you lose your best friend, part of you dies too. Sex and money is hollow succor for friendship with a woman no matter what men say or do. Women feel the same way about friendship with men by the way.
The first thing everyone associates massage therapy with is prostitution, sex trafficking of women and pornography because that is the only way the media portrays us. It’s awful. It affects everyone on all levels of my profession and it’s not a good thing. All of those activities, like militarism, are the direct consequence of patriarchy, its denial of humanity and feelings to men, or, in other words, sexual bonding to women as opposed to objectified sex, and violence due to excessive testosterone and greed. Even within my profession, there is confusion among practitioners as to whether sex is ok or not. There is no confusion legally. The state licenses make it illegal and that is the right thing to do. If you are a massage therapist, you have to have a state health care license.
In patriarchy, men are blamed for all of that illegal activity and grab all the money and institutional power as well; corporate, church, state, and government, so while they’re being blamed they’re being rewarded for the behavior. It creates psychopaths. Women are on distinct shelves based on body type, height, culture, age, health, education, and economic status. You can see the projection of prostitution phantasms all over that.
Objectification and lack of loving touch create depression and psychosis in human beings because we’re souls, not just a body, and massage therapists know it. It makes us completely different than all other health care professionals. Bodyworkers can feel the body’s Qi or consciousness. It’s very normal for us to be tuned in to that and many of us run Reiki.
So now our society is full of psychopaths and depressives because of patriarchy which thrives on the objectification of women through sex and uses massage therapy to do it. Massage therapists innocently step in, and have stepped in, in a very esoteric manner for 10,000 years and helped humanity feel better through touch. It started with mothers massaging their infants. 98% of massage therapists are trained, state-licensed professionals who have been subjected to testing, background checks and fingerprinting just as all healthcare practitioners have to. The vast majority of us are not sex trafficked victims. The vast majority of us know what we’re doing but the education standards are slowly coming up and need to.
Sex trafficking and prostitution don’t hit nursing, P.T.’s and doctors. It hones right in on licensed massage therapists like a laser. Why? Because if massage therapy is done right, it makes you feel better, not worse, which is not the case with modern healthcare and dentistry. No one looks forward to going to the doctor, P.T. or dentist but they do to a massage therapist. That causes them to feel guilty and to connect it in their minds to sex and love because it’s physical and it feels good. The public can’t possibly connect anything that feels good to healthcare. Then the men step in and try to turn it into sex or pornography. It needs to stop! It’s NOT sex and will not be. Sex isn’t love to women but to men it is. There is the disconnect.
Medical massage is redefining massage therapy and healthcare. It goes like this;
- Massage therapy is all about touch, moving the blood with the human hand and feeling better.
- Massage therapy is proven, effective healthcare and doctors and P.T.’s recommend massage therapy all the time.
- Massage therapy is also used by criminals for a sex crime because of patriarchy and short circuits the powerful healing aspects.
Medical massage therapists say that massage therapy is:
- Holistic. It treats the whole person; mind, body, and spirit which are ONE and the same. Neither gender controls the meaning of it. It is both female and male. It affects all 7-12 chakras, not just 1 and 2 which is just sex energy.
- The sex act has NO BUSINESS whatsoever in our offices (the states agree and make it illegal) but is essential to intimacy in our society. Partner or couples massage in private is definitely called for. So is energy awareness and not objectification within our families; men toward women, women toward men and parents toward children.
- Human touch is essential to real healthcare but it has to be done properly with boundaries. Medical Massage therapists can teach it to other healthcare workers.
- The body is made mostly of flesh that contracts and shortens because of emotional and mental stress. Therefore, Soft Tissue Doctors or Naprapaths (D.N.’s) need to be on the front line of ALL healthcare. If health insurance doesn’t cover us, it doesn’t need to exist at all. It’s a bad product without us. Period. The health insurance industry is absolutely unacceptable in every way possible, including as a business model at this moment in time because it refuses to cover licensed holistic health services.
Every massage therapist and holistic practitioner I know care deeply about the physical thriving and survival of life as we know it on this planet. We are at a critical juncture where body balance, gender balance, and cultural balance have to be in place or we are concerned that we aren’t going to make it. Holistic medicine has something vital to say about that. It’s time that the American Federal Government and Americans started to listen. You’re supposed to love yourself and your body and mostly take care of it yourself through basic daily choices. If emotions and habits are hanging you up, massage therapy and Reiki can help move all of that.